Desert Palm Modernism Mid Century New Canaan
I love a good auction. Not participating mind you, it’s a bit too dramatic, but watching prices soar or freeze is exciting as a viewer. A Walter S. White ( not to be confused for Walter H. White) designed house in Palm Desert California is going up for auction in February with the reserve price set at $0. The Wave House as it’s known due to it wave-shaped roof that blends well with the surrounding landscapes. The challenge is this home is a fixer-upper but the bones remain intact.
- Mid-Century Modernist Stella Sullivan, a bridge to Houston’s art history, has died.
- Dover Shores Mid-Century Ranch for sale under $400k
- In Jacksonville, the Butterfly House designed by Bob Broward has been restored. It’s one of 200 mid-century modern buildings still remaining in Jacksonville. Love the comments on the article, from a previous owner of the home and friends of Mr. Broward.
- It’s located in a historic South Beach Building. Now take a peek at this hotel’s new renovations.
- On the Market: New Canaan’s Gratwick House benefited from work of two famed architects